Statement (Doctrinal statement)
- WE BELIEVE that the Holy Scriptures, both the Old and the New Testaments, are fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, without error in the original manuscripts, infallible, and the final authority in all matters of faith and practice.
- WE BELIEVE in one God, Creator of all things, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- WE BELIEVE that man was created in the image of God, but through Adam’s sin became alienated from God, acquired a sin nature, and came under the judicial sentence of death. As a consequence man is lost, unable to save himself from the wrath of God, and needs to be saved.
- WE BELIEVE in the Lord Jesus Christ, fully God and fully man, born of a virgin, sinless and perfect, the only Saviour. We believe that He carried our sins in His body on the cross, rose from the dead, ascended to heaven, and is now at the right hand of God, mediating for us. We believe in the personal and physical return of Christ in power and glory.
- WE BELIEVE that salvation is a gift of God’s sovereignty offered by grace to those who repent and place their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; and that all who truly believe in Him are eternally saved on the basis of His shed blood.
- WE BELIEVE in God the Holy Spirit who indwells all believers to convict, enlighten, sanctify, empower and guide them in life and service.
- WE BELIEVE that the true Church is composed of persons who, through saving faith in Jesus Christ, have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the body of Christ of which He is Head.
- WE BELIEVE in the bodily resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto eternal life with God, and they that are lost unto eternal punishment separated from God.
- WE BELIEVE that Christ commanded the church to make disciples of all peoples, by going into all the world, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey all that Christ commanded.